Thursday, February 7, 2013

Paintings can't be forgotten . . .

Even though sales were good at the Art Barn last October, I still can't overlook the pictures that we had to bring home and which make life a bit congested in my studio!

Artifex Gallery in Sutton Coldfield asked if I would be interested in offering them some work following an exhibition there with the Art Circle in 2012.  So I went along in January and took a few for them to look at, which led on to them having five paintings.  Hopefully the next stage is for people to buy them! 

Approaching galleries is a tricky business.  I visited the Affordable Art Fair in London last year and really enjoyed myself!  It's a wonderful opportunity to see lots of different galleries under one roof. I contacted a few afterwards having chatted with the owners, but sadly only one responded.  That leaves me wondering whether to try again?  It probably won't get me anywhere but I think I will . . .

 
And this week I have entered the David Shepherd Wildlife Exhibition!  When artist friend Nat Singleton told me about it, I have to admit I didn't think I had any paintings remotely connected with wildlife - and then I thought of my seagulls!  Birds are allowed!  Well, we will wait to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment